Most people feel confident about the basics of home security. ie. Keep all doors locked. Have a light on in the house while away. Never hide a key outside in an obvious place, like under the mat.
- Yet, almost a million and a half properties get burglarized in N. America each year. So how can you prevent that from happening to your home? Here are a few less known home security basics:
- Actually, never hide a key outside. Thieves know all the hiding places. Instead, make sure all family members have a key
- 2/3 of home burglaries occur during the day. So be extra vigilant about making sure doors and windows are locked while you're away during the day.
- Surprisingly, most thieves are not daring. They are 2.7 times more likely to target a home without an alarm system.
- Thieves will attempt to force entry through sliding-style doors and windows first. So make sure these have a locking bar or extra bolt lock.
- Surprisingly, 40% of household burglaries do not involve forced entry. The thief is able to slip through an unlocked window or door.
- Don't show off possessions! An imported racing bike parked next to the garage, or expensive audio equipment clearly seen through a window, is an invitation to burglars.
- Take a look at the lighting and landscaping around your property. Are there spots where a thief could easily hide? If so, make some changes.
- When planning a trip, have a trusted neighbour pick up newspapaeres, flyers and anything else that may accumulate at your door.
Your local police depatment may have more tips and special programs for keeping your home secure. Give them a call.
Just received a price reduction for this fabulous 2bdrm and den view unit at Cielo. Reduced to $1,338,000!
No content currently posted.
Recently listed two high end view condo's in Coal Harbour!
902-1205 West Hastings is 1,276 Square feet has two bedrooms and two bathrooms a small den and great views.
704-1650 Bayshore Drive is 1,493 Square feet with two large bedrooms and a den, large side by side laundry and storage space. High end finishing and unbeatable views. Great location!
Happy to announce the sale of my new listing at 3107 West 39th in Vancouver. My pricing and marketing strategy produce 5 offers on the first showing! The result, a well above asking price sale and a very happy vendor.
I have listed a new property at 3107 39TH AVE W in Vancouver.
Character home on a large 50'x130.5' lot. House was raised 10 years ago. New foundation, drain tiles, basement beautifully renovated with heated bathroom and laundry room floor, 2 bedrooms and an office. Basement can easily be convertedto a one or two-bedroom suite. The spa-like main floor bath has been updated complete with heated floors. The main and upper level of the house are full of character and ready for your renovation ideas. This house has amazing potential! Lots of storage, a newer single-car garage, property nicely landscaped with in-ground sprinkler system. Convenient location across from Kerrisdale Elementary and a short walk from Crofton House. PUBLIC OPEN: Sunday May 13th, 2-4 PM.
I have sold a property at 737 26TH AVE W in Vancouver.
Terrific character home in prime Cambie Village neighbourhood. Lovingly maintained & updated. Gracious living room with classic fireplace, large dining room opening onto a fabulous kitchen with granite counters, huge centre island, pantryspace & sub zero fridge. Upstairs offers large master bedroom with full en-suite bath & walk in closet, plus 2 more spacious bedrooms & 2nd full bath. Baths feature heated floors. Legal 2 bedroom basement suite is a great mortgage helper. Outstanding landscaped yard with entertainment sized deck. 2 car garage. Many classic craftsman features including beautiful original stain glass windows & charming front porch. Within minutes of Cambie Shopping & entertainment, Canada Rail and Douglas Park.
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.